At Blue Duck Hair Salon , our trained staff of licensed and certified hair care professionals is eager to serve the needs of clients of all ages in Evansville, IN and the surrounding areas. In fact, many of our dedicated clients come from across the tri-state area to embrace the progressive culture, warm ambience and talented techniques of our exceptional employees.
Our Salon Staff Includes:
- Jenny Board / Stylist
- I grew up in Evansville and went to Memorial High School. I graduated from Salon Professional Academy in 2009. I am a Cinderella Hair Extension specialist and I am Certified to do Keratin Treatments. I love to do highlights and precision cuts.
- Celia Campbell (Wannamuehler) / Stylist
- I have lived on the west side of Evansville my whole life. I joined the awesome crew at Blue Duck in June 2011. I became a cosmetologist in 2010 after graduating from The Salon Professional. I was able to attend the American Beauty Show in Chicago twice (2011 and 2013) where I learned fashion forward trends from stylist such as Sam Villa, Andrew Carruthers, and more. My specialties include coloring, cutting, and updos. I love to do all hair types such as fine/thinning hair to coarse/thick unruly hair. I pride myself in being an honest person, which I think helps with being able to achieve everything possible for my client's wants and needs. When I'm not performing my passion, I enjoy spending time outdoors with my husband, adorable little towheaded son, and two puppies.
- Samantha Colbert / Stylist
- I have been doing hair since 2008. I went to school at Paul Mitchell in Costa Mesa, CA where I had amazing opportunities to train with top stylist in the industry. I love working with long hair. Seriously, the longer the better! I also love highlighting and bringing depth and richness to flat hair color. I have done additional training with Aveda, Schwarzkopf and Keratin Complex smoothing treatment. Fact - I could blow dry the thickest of hair all day long. So if you're in need of a blow out, I'm your girl!
- Courtney Jackson / Stylist
- I have been in the industry since 2005. For most of my career I worked with Aveda as their hair color educator. I have had the opportunity to train with some of the top stylist around the globe. I am certified in Keratin Coppola Straightening treatments, as well as Ultratress Extensions. I love doing natural looking hair color with depth and dimension. Blondes are definitely where I shine. I have had extensive training in round brush styling and blow outs. So if you're looking for amazing hair color with lots of body and volume, I won't disappoint!
- Larkan James - Owner/Stylist
- I've lived in Evansville my whole life. I've been in the hair industry for 15 years. I opened Blue Duck in winter of 2004. We've been a Bumble and Bumble network salon since 2005. I've attended multiple classes at BB University, including Design Workshop, Design Studio, Styling I, and Business Immersion. I love working with all hair types. Multi-tone highlights are my favorite. I consider myself a conservative stylist. I'll walk through my process step by step. No unexpected surprises. On a personal note I have 3 great kids and an awesome husband. Also a handsome poodle named Merlin. I Love Disney! I LOVE MY JOB!
- Lindsay Johnson - Manager/Stylist
- I have pretty much lived in the Tri-state area my whole life. I grew up in Newburgh and east side of Evansville area.
- I have been with Blue Duck as a stylist since April 2007 and became the salon manager in 2010. I have been in the industry since 2006. I have taken a Design workshop class in New York City at Bumble and Bumble and hope to attend more classes there soon. I have also been certified in the Coppola Keratin Smoothing Treatment, and enjoy taking classes to keep up with the newest and latest trends.
- I love doing color! I am very versatile and enjoy working with all hair types cutting, coloring, and styling! I also enjoy doing updos, and love trying something new and being creative. I like to consult with clients each time to understand what they want and what will fit their lifestyle and hair type best.
- I have been married to my wonderful husband since May 2011 and we have the cutest little boy Xander that was born in March 2013.
- I am a huge animal lover! I have 2 dogs a Westie Belle and a Scottie Caesar, a cat Callie, a Quaker parrot Addy, and fish. If I lived in the country or on a farm I would love to take in rescue animals of all kinds. I love being outdoors and horseback riding. My friends and I have been attending Dave Matthews Band concerts since 1997, and don’t know what we will do if they ever stop touring! I Love traveling with my friends and family!
- Most of all Love my job and the people I work with!
- Hannah Kelly / Stylist
- I am still fairly new to the Tri-State, I moved to Newburgh in June of 2011.
- I've been at Blue Duck since July 2011 and have been doing hair since 2008. I went to Excel Academy of Cosmetology in Merrillville, In.
- I have additional training on Wella, Coppola Keratin Treatment, Kevin Murphy and Bumble and Bumble.
- I pride myself on my updos, I love getting to be creative with the hair I'm working with.
- I also love doing color!
- I have an amazing little boy Oliver, he makes everyday an adventure.
- I'm totally obsessed with mermaids.
- I love to laugh and be silly and dance around and sing.
- Most importantly hair is my passion and I hope to continue to better myself and move forward in my career.
- Stephanie Majors / Stylist
- I have been in the salon industry since 2008. I have spent the last 5 years of my career with Aveda, where I received extensive training in all aspects of our business. I had the opportunity to train and work with some of the best in the industry, for which I am very grateful. I was part of the education staff at the salon and enjoyed it and learned so much through teaching others.
I believe in continual education and strive to stay at the forefront of the industry. I pride myself on the ability to provide excellent service through a completely customized experience for each guest, each visit. I enjoy consulting thoroughly with you to provide you with a look that absolutely flatters but also fits your lifestyle.
I am highly skilled in advance color placements and formulation. My passion and specialty are customized hair color, women's and men's hair cutting and hair styling. I also provide waxing services, Keratin treatment and bridal/special occasion hair design.
- Ashley Steckler / Stylist
- I started in the hair industry in 2006. I've had extensive training through Aveda in hair coloring, hair cuts, and waxing. Molding me into a well rounded stylist who enjoys all areas of hair services. I like to get to know my clients and build lasting relationships with them along with providing them with great looking hair.
- Kristin Worthey / Stylist
- Born and raised in Evansville. I have been with Blue Duck since June 2006. I graduated from Tri State Beauty College in February of 2005 and have worked professionally since March 2005. I also attended USI for 3 years studying Studio art and Art History. I have attended Bumble and Bumble Design workshop in New York and have been certified in Coppola Keratin Infusion and Keratin Blow-out. I am comfortable with all hair types. My specialties are natural, beach-blonde highlights and pin-up styles. I'm married to a wonderful guy Ande and have an awesome musically gifted teenager, Chance. I'm a free spirit who enjoys anything outdoorsy and adventurous. Some of my interests are camping, spontaneous road trips, painting, alpacas, New Orleans, Tennessee mountains, and Hello Kitty.